What is Physical Wellness?
The dimension of physical wellness focuses on things that help keep our bodies healthy. Those things can include good health habits, like eating healthy foods, getting plenty of exercise, and 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
Physical wellness also includes wellness checkups with the doctor, storing medications safely, and cutting down on alcohol consumption.
If you find that you need help to quit or cut down your use of tobacco, alcohol, or other drugs, there are resources that can help:
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 866-641-9190
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Narcotics Anonymous: 920-232-9615
- Green County Human Services AODA Unit: 608-328-9352
- SSM Health Monroe Clinic Behavioral Health: 608-324-2321.
- Clear Thinking Episode #11: Wisconsin Opioid Crisis
- Clear Thinking Episode #12: Faith, Fighting Addiction: It Takes Help
- Clear Thinking Episode #18: From Trauma To Recovery To Peer Support Specialist, Part 1
- Clear Thinking Episode #18: From Trauma To Recovery To Peer Support Specialist, Part 2
- Clear Thinking Episode #22: Public Health
On The Web
- 10 Reasons Why Good Sleep Is Important
- Stay at Home Tips: Cooking with Kids
- Stay at Home Tips: Making the Most of Leftovers
- Stay at Home Tips: Healthy Eating Tips for Teens
- CDC: Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services: Learn about COVID-19 vaccines
- “My Shot” COVID-19 Vaccine Parody
- Daily COVID-19 Briefings from Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services
- Healthy Eating On The Run: A Month of Tips (PDF)
- 20 Health Tips on Eating Right (PDF)
- Eat Right With Recommendations From MyPlate (PDF)
- Smart Snacking Tips for Adults and Teens (PDF)
- Smart Ways to Make Physical Activity Part of Your Day (PDF)
- The Effects of Drinking on the Teenage Brain (PDF)
- Poster: Leading A Healthy Lifestyle (PDF)
- Poster: Rethink Your Drink (PDF)