What is Emotional Wellness?
Emotional wellness involves the ability to express feelings, and adjust to emotional challenges, cope with life’s stressors, and enjoy life.
It involves recognizing our limitations and learning from mistakes. It also includes self-care to be the best version of ourselves by keeping a journal, listening to music, or using meditation to keep calm and centered.
Managing stress includes recognizing when you need to take a step back to regain control of your emotions.
- Clear Thinking Episode #15: What is SARP?
- Clear Thinking Episode #17: Jacob Swag Foundation, Part 1
- Clear Thinking Episode #17: Jacob Swag Foundation, Part 2
- Clear Thinking Episode #17: Jacob Swag Foundation, Part 3
- Clear Thinking Episode #20: Green Haven Family Advocates
On The Web
- Emotional Wellness toolkit
- Southwest Wisconsin Behavioral Health Partnership
- Stay at Home Tips: How to help youth deal with change and loss
- Stay at Home Tips: What to do if you experience change and loss during the pandemic
- Feel Good Friday: Pick a self-care activity for a feel-good Friday (PDF)
- Gratitude: Benefits, Prompts and Activities (PDF)
- Emotional Wellness Activities for Students and Families (PDF)